Providing a dog with its own bed not only creates a sense of security and comfort but also protects other furniture in the house.
The personal dog's place is also a mandatory attribute of the educational process, when, after hearing the command, the dog does not run around the apartment in search of a cozy corner. What should you pay attention to when choosing a bed?
What are the models and shapes of beds?
The type of bed for a dog depends on its temperament, habits, age, and needs.
Consider your dog's health, weight, temperament, and behavior before making a purchase. Observe how it interacts with guests and reacts to loud noises, as well as its sleeping habits and whether it digs or bites the mattress.
Before buying a dog bed, determine if it going to be the primary or secondary sleeping spot, where it will be located, and whether it will be used at home or on the go.
There are two main forms of beds:
1. Circle. If your pet likes to curl up, consider buying a round "crib" for them to sleep in. This cozy position is instinctively chosen by many animals and is the best option for a sweet sleep.
2. Rectangle. This classic shape is loved by many dogs, it is as comfortable on a rectangular mattress as it is on the owner's sofa. A rectangular "sofa" will be also a good choice for the dog.
How to choose a bed that will become your dog's favorite place? FluffyPuppy will help you to choose the perfect option for your four-legged friend.
Our company offers a variety of beds designed to meet the specific needs of your dog or cat. The top seller is the FluffyDream™Calming Bed. These models are produced in a wide product line and are suitable for almost all dogs.
We also have Couch Pillows that can be used to prevent damage to your furniture or while traveling as a cover in your car. This product is created from soft material and is very cozy and comfortable. Moreover, is easy to be moved if you want to take it anywhere with you.
Dogs love sleeping in cozy places with sides, like couches, which are suitable for pets of all breeds, temperaments, and habits. Sideboards can serve as pillows or shelters, providing a sense of security while still allowing pets to observe their surroundings.
If an animal sleeps with its body stretched out, measure the distance from its head to its rump, including space for its paws. The sleeping area should be spacious enough for the pet to fully extend from nose to tail.
If your pet likes to curl up and bury its nose in pillows, make sure to take measurements for this position.
70x50cm/27.5x19.6in for small and medium-sized dogs (Dachshunds, Pugs, Jack Russells, French Bulldogs, Shih Tzu, West Highland White Terriers, Boston Terriers, Scottish Terriers, etc.), as well as big cats;
90x60cm/35.4x23.6in - for dogs of medium breeds (Fox Terriers, Cocker Spaniels, Corgis, English Bulldogs, Beagles, Basset Hounds, Foxhounds, Whippets, etc.);
110x70cm/43.3x27.5in for large dog breeds (Cane Corso, Labradors, Shepherds, Kurzchaars, Dobermans, Huskies, Irish Setters, Collies, Retrievers, and others).
Tips for care and cleaning
In order for your dog to be healthy and look beautiful, it's important to keep not only your dog clean but also their bed. Before purchasing the bed, carefully read the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance.
Also when selecting a bed, opt for one with a removable cover that can be washed separately from the filler.
1. Get the dust out of the mattress once a month;
2. Vacuum the dog's bed at least once a week;
3. Wash the couch at least once a month at a temperature of 40-50°, using detergents that are safe for pets;
4. Rinse it very thoroughly (when washing by hand) so that the dog does not suffer from discomfort from detergent residues;
5. Dry outdoors in direct sunlight to kill as much bacteria as possible;
6. Treat the couch with a hygienic spray once a month to get rid of parasites and infections;
7. Weekly wet cleaning in the place where the couch is located.
If you have any questions, ask us - call or write in our Facebook group. We will be happy to help!